The Harbour Inn is a lively pub situated on the harbour in the small Cornish village of Porthleven. Fantastic food all year round using fresh local produce.
• Where we are: On the Harbour
• Main access routes: A30 and A39
• Directions: Follow the A30 to the Mitchell roundabout (obvious due to field of windmills!) and then the signs to Truro. From there follow the A39 to Penzance. At Helston follow the signs to Porthleven.
• Address: The Harbour Inn, Commercial Road, Porthleven, Cornwall TR13 9JB
• Telephone: 01326 573876
• Fax: 01326 572124
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There are limited car parking spaces available. The car park has an uneven surface and is shared with other local businesses. It is located approx 50 metres from the entrance to the Inn. In the event that our car park is full, please use the Pay & Display Car Park across the harbour.
• Drop-off point is at the front door. Please telephone in advance if you need assistance.
• A portable Ramp is available at the front door to gain access into Restaurant / Lounge Bar.
• The access to the Disabled WC & Hotel accommodation is on ground level.
• The Public Bar has flat access with easy access for wheelchair users.
• The front of the Inn is well lit at night.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• Reception desk is located to the left of the bar in the Lounge Bar area.
• A portable Ramp is available at the front door to gain access into Restaurant / Lounge Bar. A member of staff will be happy to help if requested.
• The front door is 685mm wide with a 125mm step up.
• There is constant / uniform lighting throughout this area. The flooring is carpeted and all on one level.
• The Reception desk counter height is 990mm.
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The landings and corridors are sufficiently wide, well lit and carpeted throughout.
• The unique nature and shape of the Harbour Inn, incorporating its multi-levels does not easily lend itself to those with mobility problems and is not wheelchair accessible upstairs.
Public Areas - Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The Inn has WC's in the Public Bar & the Lounge / Restaurant Areas.
• Public Bar has Gents & Ladies both up steps for Disabled WC see below.
• Lounge Bar / Restaurant have Gents & Ladies both down two steps down.
• Disabled WC is located in lobby to the entrance to hotel accommodation. Access is gained by leaving the Public Bar or Lounge / Restaurant and going to the far right hand door.
• The main door (single leaf) is 790mm at the narrowest and is all on the flat.
• The door into the disabled WC (single leaf) is 865mm wide.
• It is unisex with baby changing facilities. It is well lit & is fitted with an Emergency Pull cord which can be seen & heard in the Public Bar area & Staff will respond to its activation.
• The Basin height is 710mm / the WC height is 455mm.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Bar area, Take Away & Cafe
• Lounge Bar / Restaurant Area:
• Lighting is uniform and the area is carpeted throughout. Aisles are wide & tables and chairs can be moved. Please ask staff if assistance is required. The Bar top height is 1095mm.
• Braille menus are available on request.
• Allergies and special dietary requirements are catered for on request.
• Waitress service at your table is provided. Staff happy to assist on request and have experience with wheelchair users.
• Public Bar Area.
• Lower section is on ground level.
• Lighting is uniform and adequate. The area has wood & slate flooring. Aisles are wide & tables and chairs can be moved. Please ask staff if assistance is required. The Bar top height is 1120mm. There is a 150mm step up to the upper section of this Bar Area.
• Quayside picnic table area. Located opposite the front of the Inn. Cobbled flooring but with wide access throughout. Waitress service to your table. Staff will bring drinks out to your table on request. Please ask any member off staff who will be happy to assist.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting
• Please call 01326 573876 to discuss your requirements.
Clubs & Entertainment
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
• 7 x Standard Double Rooms
• 4 x Superior Double Rooms
• 1 x Superior Twin Room
• 1 x Superior Single Room
• 1 x Family Room
• 1 x Flat (sleeps 4)
• All rooms are en-suite. Most have a bath, shower and WC; however the 4 new double rooms at the back of the inn only have a shower and WC. All beautifully furnished and many with Atlantic views.
• Facilities available in each room:
• Tea and coffee making facilities
• Additional facilities in superior rooms:
• Luxury robes
• Flat screen TV
• Sea Views
• Please note all rooms are non-smoking.
• AA rated with 4 diamonds.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
• All rooms are en-suite. Most have a bath, shower and WC; however the 4 new double rooms at the back of the inn only have a shower and WC.
Caravans, Holiday Homes & Twin Units
• Music can be turned down on request.
• Beauty: Beautiful scenery in the area as the Harbour Inn is situated over looking the wide open ocean.
• Boating: Boating is available on the harbour just a few yards away.
• Cycling: There are cycle routes around the area.
• Dancing: The nearest clubs are in Falmouth which is 12 miles away, Penzance which is 14 miles away and Truro which is 20 miles away.
• Fishing: Fishing is available at the harbour where fishing trips can be arranged.
• Games rooms: We have a pool table.
• Gardens: We have a large outdoor table area on the quay outside, where you can sit back relax and take in the breath taking scenery around you.
• Internet: Wi-Fi is available in most rooms (please request at time of booking)
• Swimming: Swimming is available on the beach which is only 150 yards away.
• Walking: The Inn is on the Coastal Path
• Other: Centrally located we are in a prime location with attractions all around us, such as the seal sanctuary only 7 miles away, or Flambards which is Cornwall's biggest theme park and is only 3 miles away.
Address: The Harbour Inn, Commercial Road, Porthleven, Cornwall TR13 9JB
Telephone: 01326 573876
Fax: 01326 572124
Grid reference: SW 628 257 GB Grid
Local public transport numbers: National Rail Enquiries Guide to UK national rail services Tel: 08457 48 49 50
National Express Coach Company. National Express is the UK's largest scheduled coach Travel Company. Tel: 08705 808080
Air South West Air Southwest - the low fares airline for the South West of England Tel: 0870 043 4553
Bmi Baby The Airline with tiny fares Tel: 0871 224 0224
Ryan Air Low fare airline Tel: 0871 246 0000
Virgin Trains Virgin Trains Tel: 08457 222 333
Isles of Scilly Travel Isles of Scilly Sea, Air Direct Tel: 0845 710 5555
Classic Car Hire In Cornwall Classic Car Hire is an ideal holiday idea for the discerning visitor to Devon & Cornwall. Tel: 0845 458 1108
Hertz Car Hire. Tel: 0870 850 2677
Cornwall Car Hire. Car Hire in Cornwall. Tel: 01637 850971
Sustrans ~ Sustrans is the UK's leading sustainable transport charity. Our vision is a world in which people can choose to travel in ways that benefit their health and the environment. Tel: 0845 113 00 65
Local accessible taxi numbers:
Grahams Taxi ~ 01326 231 025
Maz Taxi ~ 01326 573 773
Taksy ~ 017976 444 945
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01326 573876 or email email@example.com